Be a Volunteer & Join Team Gov Ball 2014!
We are looking for kind, eager, and able-bodied individuals that can work with others, have some fun, and earn a ticket to Gov Ball 2014!
UPDATE AS OF May 30th: ALL Volunteer positions for Gov Ball 2014 have been filled! Thanks so much for the interest, and please note that we will definitely have volunteer opportunities at the 2015 event so stay tuned for that!
What are the requirements of volunteers?
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age (by May 23rd), no exceptions.
- There is a $20 non-refundable processing fee. You can expect to be accepted to the volunteer program.
- Besides the $20 fee, you will also be required to put down a deposit for the price of a 3-Day GA Ticket ($250) with a valid debit or credit card. The card will be charged $270 at sign up and refunded $250 within 10 days of the end of the festival as long as you complete your work requirements and follow all the volunteer rules. If you fail to complete the work requirements or fail to follow the volunteer rules, you will forfeit your deposit (essentially you will just end up paying for a ticket plus the processing fee).
- Volunteers must be on time to all assigned shifts.
- Volunteers are required to wear closed-toe shoes to all shifts
- Absolutely no drugs or illegal substances of any kind will be tolerated on-site and you will be subject to the standard legal penalties for these offenses as well as lose your deposit.
- If you are caught drinking alcohol during your shift, stealing, or passing your wristband back to non-volunteers, you will lose your deposit.
- You DO NOT need to separately purchase a ticket to be a volunteer. We will not reimburse any tickets purchased before you applied to volunteer.
“The Perks!” Each festival volunteer will receive:
- Access to all 3 days of the festival
- Official Governors Ball volunteer t-shirt
- A slammin’ good time
WHAT IF I CAN’T MAKE IT?
If a volunteer cannot attend the event for any reason and has already completed the form with deposit, the volunteer must send in a cancellation email to email@example.com before May 10, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. EST. All refunds related to cancellation, as well as a confirmed completion of the three 5-hour shifts, will be processed within thirty days after the festival. Please remember the $20 processing fee is non-refundable.
WHEN DO I GET MY REFUND?
Refunds may take 5-10 days to show up on a volunteer’s bank statement after they are processed, depending on the bank. Please allow 30 days for the festival to process refunds. If a volunteer does not submit a cancellation email before May 10, 2014, he/she agrees to be charged the full price of a 3-day general admission ticket for the 2014 Governors Ball Music Festival.
Volunteer positions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If all positions are filled prior to May 10, 2014 at 5:00 PM, we reserve the right to close the sign-up process and stop accepting requests. We will notify you if all positions are filled via email or www.govball.com. Make sure to get your application in early to ensure you get a spot!
All shift times are approximate and may vary. We will do our best to keep things fair and consistent; however, sometimes shift times and total work hours will not be the same for all volunteers. Volunteers must be flexible.
WHEN DO WE HAVE TO SHOW UP?
Once you are accepted into the volunteer program, you will receive more specific information about your volunteer assignment and work schedule.
WHAT IS THE SHIFT SCHEDULE FOR FESTIVAL VOLUNTEERS?
There are (2) shift options available to volunteers working for Governor’s Ball.
- Pre-Festival/ Post-Festival Volunteers
Pre-Festival/Post-Festival Volunteer shifts will be equal to approximately (2) 10-hour shifts for a minimum of 20 hours. Please make sure you are available to work during regular working hours if you apply to work pre-festival/Post-Festival. There are a limited number of these positions available and they will be filled first come, first serve.
- During Festival / 3 shifts over three days, minimum 5 hours per shift each day for a total of 15 hours
During Festival volunteers will be required to work 5 hours per shift and complete a total of 15 hours over the festival weekend (a total of three 5-hour shifts). Please be prepared to work prior to festival doors opening.
WHAT TYPE OF JOBS / DEPARTMENTS COULD I BE WORKING IN?
There are a variety of different jobs and departments including visual design, vendor assistance, coordinating event games/activities, administrative help, catering, water-filling stations, VIP and more!
Volunteers are on hand to help out when and where they are needed. You may end up getting pulled from one area and shifted to another based on our changing needs. The key is to be flexible and willing to lend a hand.
DO VOLUNTEERS GET TO SEE THE SHOW?
All volunteers are free to enjoy the show while not scheduled to work so long as you arrive on time and ready to work when scheduled.
CAN I REQUEST TO WORK WITH A FRIEND?
While we will do our best to accommodate you, keep in mind that all requests to work with friends are NOT guaranteed.
We are thrilled to have Clean Vibes join the Gov Ball team as our cleaning and greening partner for 2014!
Clean Vibes volunteers will help with the recycling and cleanup effort during and after this years festival. Positions are available for both during show clean up (a 5 hour shift each day of the event), nightly cleanup (a five hour shift each night after the music ends) and post event clean up (two 8 hour shifts the Monday and Tuesday after the festival).
For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Regular Volunteer positions have been filled, but click HERE to sign up to be a Clean Vibes volunteer!