- What is The Governors Ball Music Festival?
- Is the festival rain or shine?
- When and where is it held?
- When is the performance schedule released?
- When do tickets go on-sale?
- Do I get a wristband upon entering the festival?
- How much do tickets cost?
- How do I get to the Island?
- Can I swim or parachute onto the island?
- If I choose to take the ferry to and from the festival, how long is the ride?
- If I choose to take the ferry to and from the festival, is the ferry free?
- Are there any travel packages available?
- Where should I stay in NYC?
- I lost/forgot my ticket, what do I do?
- What can I bring to the Fest?
- Is the Festival accessible to people with disabilities?
- Any tips on preparation for a day at the Governors Ball?
- Are there ATMs available if I run low on cash?
- What will be available in the food areas?
- What about vegetarian/kosher items?
- Will you have merch for sale?
- Who do I contact about working / volunteering at the Governors Ball?
- How can I apply to perform at Governors Ball?
- How can I apply for a crafts booth?
- How can I apply for a food booth?
- How can I apply for press credentials?
- How can my company become a Sponsor?
- Where can I find your Reddit AMA?
- Sphincter says what?
What is The Governors Ball Music Festival?
The Governor’s Ball Music Festival is a three-day, four-stage festival featuring some of the biggest and best acts in live music. The event will be one big party, so bring your foot spray – it will get funky.
Is the festival rain or shine?
The festival is 100% happening, rain or shine. We are expecting rain on Friday so come prepared with umbrellas, rain coats, ponchos, proper footwear and extra dry clothes.
When is the performance schedule released?
The performance schedule has been released! You can view it here.
When did tickets go on-sale?
All ticketing info, including info on Regular, Payment Plan, VIP, and Super VIP tickets, can be found on our Ticketing page.
How much do tickets cost?
Ticket prices for all ticket types can be found on our Ticketing page.
How do I get to the Island?
Randall’s Island is accessible by Public Transportation, Ferries, Festival Shuttles, Car, and Bike/Foot. For more info and detailed direction click HERE.
If I choose to take the ferry to and from the festival, how long is the ride?
The ferry ride to and from the island takes about 15-20 minutes. With views of the picturesque NYC skyline, the ride goes by quickly, and those views simply can’t be beat. It’s also a good opportunity to hi-five a stranger and compare scrabble strategies.
Where should I stay in NYC?
We suggest using Kayak.com to find the cheapest rates around town. If there is nothing in your price range, check your Facebook page and see what friends you have who live in NYC and see if you can crash with them!
I lost/forgot my ticket, what do I do?
Please direct all questions regarding lost or forgotten tickets here.
- Non-professional film and digital cameras
- Soft sided, Collapsible chair
- (2) Factory sealed bottles of water (non-glass containers)
- Small backpacks or bags (any bag within reasonable size will be allowed in as well as non-framed backpacks)
- Blankets or beach towels
- Valid Drivers License for will-call and/or to drink alcohol
- Dancing shoes
- A good attitude
Is the Festival accessible to people with disabilities?
Absolutely! There will be ADA Access Viewing Platforms located at each of the two stages. Please note that they have limited capacity and are available on a first come, first served basis. ADA accessible restrooms are available at the ends of each row of restrooms and behind the Access Viewing Platforms.
Any tips on preparation for a day at the Governors Ball?
Summer in the city can be hot, and with 11 hours of non-stop music each day, you will definitely be exposed to that sweet summer sun. That being said, we suggest preparing for the event as follows:
- Dress in cool, unrestrictive, lightweight clothing (i.e. Leather jumpsuit is probably not a good idea)
- Bring those sunglasses (for the sun and that bright future of yourself)
- Lather up in sunscreen and bring some extra in case needed
- Bring a hat (sombreros are encouraged)
- Wear comfy shoes. After all, it is a dance party!
- Stay hydrated! Drink water before you get to the event, enjoy the free water available at the festival, and enjoy the beverage offerings of the many vendors at the festival.
What will be available in the food areas?
Delicious food, of course! There will be a wide array of offerings from some of NYC’s best food trucks, restaurants, caterers, and other vendors. A preliminary list of food vendors at the 2013 festival can be found on our Food page, and specific offerings from all food vendors will be posted there in the coming weeks. Have no fear though, there will be a great selection in items, including American staples (e.g. organic burgers, artisan grilled cheese, lobster rolls, fries, etc.), Mediterranean treats (e.g. falafels, schwarma, etc.), Asian goodies (e.g. Vietnamese sandwiches, Korean hot dogs, dumplings, noodles, etc.), Sweets (e.g. ice cream sandwiches, shaved ice, artisan ice cream etc.), and many others.
What about vegetarian/kosher items?
We love vegetarians and vegetarian food, so there will absolutely be vegetarian options! Many food vendors will feature an array of vegetarian options, and more exact dishes will be posted on the Food page in the coming weeks! Please do not bring your own food, it will be taken away at the gate.
Will you have merch for sale?
You better believe it. Festival t-shirts for men and women, a limited edition festival poster, hats, and many other items will be sold at the main merch stand which will be clearly marked and easily found at the event. Artist merch will also be available there. Merch is also available for purchase online here.
Important Note: Governors Ball staff LOVE festival merch, and we LOVE comfortable festival merch even more. All event merch items will be printed on super soft items from a variety of suppliers, and we have chosen each piece with the comfort level of the consumer and the wearability of the item in mind.
Who do I contact about working / volunteering at the Governors Ball?
If your interested in working at the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what positions you are interested in possibly filling. Please also be sure to send your resume and your best contact information. Someone will be in touch soon after!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Governors Ball! Postions for the 2013 festival are full, please check back next year. Accepted volunteers with specific questions can email email@example.com. Due to the overwhelming volume of emails received, anything covered on the volunteer page (http://govballvols.eventbrite.com/) may not be answered.
How can I apply to perform at Governors Ball?
We love that you want to play our festival. In fact, we would probably make out with you if you told us this in person. Unfortunately, all slots for the festival have been filled and we won’t be accepting artist submissions for the event. Sorry!
How can I apply for a food booth?
We generally will not be accepting food vendor applications for the event, as we are seeking out specific food vendors, food trucks, and other purveyors in the food scene, but if you are interested in being considered, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your company/business name, full contact and company information, and detailed information on the food items and dishes you would like to sell. Also include a resume on other events you have been a food vendor at. Someone will be in touch soon after!
How can I apply for press credentials?
The May 8th, 2013 deadline to apply for press credentials to the 2013 Governors Ball Music Festival has now passed. We are no longer accepting applications for press credentials to the 2013 festival. All current applicants will hear back on the status of their application by no later than May 27th, 2013. For any questions related to press/media at the festival contact email@example.com.
How can my company become a Sponsor?
Sponsors are cool, and if your company would like to be a festival sponsor, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list as much info as possible on your company, as well as your contact info, and one of our sponsorship reps will be in touch soon after!
Where can I find your Reddit AMA?
Click here to check out the “I Am The Promoter/Producer of The Governors Ball Music Festival, NYC’s premier large scale event, AMA”