- What is The Governors Ball Music Festival?
- Is the festival rain or shine?
- When and where is it held?
- When is the performance schedule released?
- When do tickets go on-sale?
- Do I get a wristband upon entering the festival?
- How much do tickets cost?
- How do I get to the Island?
- Can I swim or parachute onto the island?
- If I choose to take the ferry to and from the festival, how long is the ride?
- If I choose to take the ferry to and from the festival, is the ferry free?
- Are there any travel packages available?
- Where should I stay in NYC?
- I lost/forgot my ticket, what do I do?
- What can I bring to the Fest?
- Is the Festival accessible to people with disabilities?
- Any tips on preparation for a day at the Governors Ball?
- Are there ATMs available if I run low on cash?
- What will be available in the food areas?
- What about vegetarian/kosher items?
- Will you have merch for sale?
- Who do I contact about working / volunteering at the Governors Ball?
- How can I apply to perform at Governors Ball?
- How can I apply for a crafts booth?
- How can I apply for a food booth?
- How can I apply for press credentials?
- How can my company become a Sponsor?
- Where can I find your Reddit AMA?
- Sphincter says what?
What is The Governors Ball Music Festival?
The Governors Ball Music Festival is a three-day, four-stage festival featuring some of the biggest and best acts in live music. The event will be one big party, so bring your foot spray – it will get funky.
When did tickets go on-sale?
All ticketing info, including info on Regular, Payment Plan, VIP, and Super VIP tickets, can be found on our Ticketing page.
How much do tickets cost?
Ticket prices for all ticket types can be found on our Ticketing page.
How do I get to the Island?
Randall’s Island is accessible by Public Transportation, Ferries, Car, and Bike/Foot. For more info and detailed direction click HERE.
If I choose to take the ferry to and from the festival, how long is the ride?
The ferry ride to and from the island takes about 15-20 minutes. With views of the picturesque NYC skyline, the ride goes by quickly, and those views simply can’t be beat. It’s also a good opportunity to hi-five a stranger and compare scrabble strategies.
Where should I stay in NYC?
This year we are thrilled to partner with Hotels for Hope to offer a variety of accommodations for every style and budget! Hotel with a pool? They got those! Room with a view? Yep. On a budget? No worries, Hotels for Hope has the guaranteed LOWEST rates (yep, even compared to those DIY book your own hotel sites). Best part: when you book with Hotels for Hope a donation will be made to one of our favorite charities: Answer The Call.
I lost/forgot my ticket, what do I do?
Please direct all questions regarding lost or forgotten tickets here.
- Non-professional film and digital cameras
- Soft sided, Collapsible chair
- (2) Factory sealed bottles of water (non-glass containers)
- Small backpacks or bags (any bag within reasonable size will be allowed in as well as non-framed backpacks)
- Blankets or beach towels
- Valid Drivers License for will-call and/or to drink alcohol
- Dancing shoes
- A good attitude
Is the Festival accessible to people with disabilities?
Yes it is. Please click here for a full list of services.
Any tips on preparation for a day at the Governors Ball?
Summer in the city can be hot, and with 11 hours of non-stop music each day, you will definitely be exposed to that sweet summer sun. That being said, we suggest preparing for the event as follows:
- Dress in cool, unrestrictive, lightweight clothing (i.e. Leather jumpsuit is probably not a good idea)
- Bring those sunglasses (for the sun and that bright future of yourself)
- Lather up in sunscreen and bring some extra in case needed
- Bring a hat (sombreros are encouraged)
- Wear comfy shoes. After all, it is a dance party!
- Stay hydrated! Drink water before you get to the event, enjoy the free water available at the festival, and enjoy the beverage offerings of the many vendors at the festival.
What will be available in the food areas?
Delicious food, of course! There will be a wide array of offerings from some of NYC’s best food trucks, restaurants, caterers, and other vendors. A list of 2013 food vendors can be found on our Food page, and 2014 offerings will be posted there in early 2014. Have no fear though, there will be a great selection of items, including American staples (e.g. organic burgers, artisan grilled cheese, lobster rolls, fries, etc.), Mediterranean treats (e.g. falafels, schwarma, etc.), Asian goodies (e.g. Vietnamese sandwiches, Korean hot dogs, dumplings, noodles, etc.), Sweets (e.g. ice cream sandwiches, shaved ice, artisan ice cream etc.), and many others.
What about vegetarian/kosher items?
We love vegetarians and vegetarian food, so there will absolutely be vegetarian options! Many food vendors will feature an array of vegetarian options, and more exact dishes will be posted on the Food page in the coming weeks!
Will you have merch for sale?
You better believe it. Festival t-shirts for men and women, a limited edition festival poster, hats, and many other items will be sold at the main merch stand which will be clearly marked and easily found at the event. Artist merch will also be available there. Merch is also available for purchase online here.
Important Note: Governors Ball staff LOVE festival merch, and we LOVE comfortable festival merch even more. All event merch items will be printed on super soft items from a variety of suppliers, and we have chosen each piece with the comfort level of the consumer and the wearability of the item in mind.
Who do I contact about working / volunteering at the Governors Ball?
If your interested in working at the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what positions you are interested in possibly filling. Please also be sure to send your resume and your best contact information. Someone will be in touch soon after!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Governors Ball! Volunteering information will be posted on our site in the coming weeks. Stay tuned for more info!
How can I apply to perform at Governors Ball?
We love that you want to play our festival. In fact, we would probably make out with you if you told us this in person. Unfortunately, all slots for the festival have been filled and we won’t be accepting artist submissions for the event. Sorry!
How can I apply for a food booth?
We generally will not be accepting food vendor applications for the event, as we are seeking out specific food vendors, food trucks, and other purveyors in the food scene, but if you are interested in being considered, please contact email@example.com with your company/business name, full contact and company information, and detailed information on the food items and dishes you would like to sell. Also include a resume on other events you have been a food vendor at. Someone will be in touch soon after!
How can I apply for press credentials?
For any questions related to press/media at the festival contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline of May 6th, 2014 for press credentials to Governors Ball 2014 has now passed and we are no longer accepting further applications. Applications submitted before deadline will receive a response by no later than May 26th, 2014.
How can my company become a Sponsor?
Sponsors are cool, and if your company would like to be a festival sponsor, you can reach us at email@example.com. Please list as much info as possible on your company, as well as your contact info, and one of our sponsorship reps will be in touch soon after!
Where can I find your Reddit AMA?
Click here to check out the “I Am The Promoter/Producer of The Governors Ball Music Festival, NYC’s premier large scale event, AMA”